The Public Works office supervises the operation of four divisions:
- Solid Waste
This department is also responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the Municipal Building.
Drainage & Engineering
The Public Works Department oversees drainage and engineering issues within the city limits.
Development plans are reviewed by this office to insure adequate drainage, roadway sight distance, traffic control, parking, etc. Permits are issued for drive approaches, street cuts, grading, and other types of work performed on city streets or in right-of-ways.
The Public Works Department is in charge of the Sidewalk Program. The City of Frankfort has taken over maintenance of the entire sidewalk in the public Right of Way.
The Public Works Department is inventorying the areas that require repair and is systematically performing the required maintenance as part of the Pavement Replacement / Repair Plan.
Any questions regarding sidewalks or to report hazardous sidewalks, contact the Public Works Department via phone at 502-352-2088.
- Erosion Control and Sediment Control Measures Ordinance (PDF)
- Frankfort Recycling Center Location Map (PDF)
- Franklin County Water Source Map (PDF)
- Illicit Discharge Controls Ordinance (PDF)
- Land Disturbance Process (PDF)
- Post-Construction Runoff Ordinance (PDF)
- Recycling Rules and Regulations (PDF)
- Snow Plow Route Map (PDF)
- Type 2 Land Disturbance Permit Application (PDF)