By Gary Muller
Planning and Building Codes Director
(502) 352-2100
gmuller@frankfort.ky.gov

Address:
315 West Second Street Frankfort, KY 40601

The City of Frankfort is preparing to initiate the second year of its Historic Preservation Grant Program. This year the program was expanded to all property owners within a National Historic Districts. After a successful pilot launch last year, the City further supported the second year by both increasing the eligible properties and increased the funding for the program to $50,000.

This grant program will provide a total of $20,000 in grants for Residential properties and $30,000 in grants to Commercial or Mixed Use properties. The owner must provide a 60% match of the total project costs (exterior) and the City will provide the remaining 40%. The minimum project cost is $5,000 (match grant is $2,000) and projects totaling $20,000 or more will qualify for the maximum $8,000 grant. Essentially, selected applicants that invest $5,000 on exterior improvements will receive a $2,000 check after the project is complete; owners that invest $10,000 will receive a $4,000 check after the project is complete, and those that invest $20,000 or more will receive an $8,000 check after the project is complete.

The following is a summary of this year’s amended program:

  • Applications will be placed into either a commercial/mixed use project or as residential only project.
  • Qualifying applications will be placed in the specified project type pool and drawn randomly at a public meeting.
  • $30,000 will be allotted for Commercial/Mixed Use properties and $20,000 allotted for Residential Uses properties.
  • Applications must identify a minimum of $5,000 of proposed exterior work.
  • 40% matching grant is the highest each selected application can be awarded.
  • Each application will be identified by the order they were drawn and the 40% match will be earmarked for each project. Upon acceptance by property owner of each application by the order they were drawn, funding will be reduced from the allotment.
  • Projects may now include roof repair and exterior painting.

The screening criteria will NOT allow

  • properties that were awarded grants last year,
  • properties that have liens, litigation, delinquent taxes,
  • interior renovation.

The deadline for applications is November 13 by 4:30pm.

For additional information contact Gary Muller or Rebecca Hall at (502) 875-8500

2nd Annual City Preservation Grant Program - now open!

Gary Mueller

 

© 2015- 2017  ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, CITY OF FRANKFORT, KY
Website Designed and Maintained by Graphic Enterprises

The City of Frankfort is an Equal Opportunity Employer

logo_eeoc

shopify analytics tool
 

75TransparentCitySeal_2

City of Frankfort
Kentucky

City Hall
315 West Second Street
P. O.  Box 697
Frankfort KY 40601
502-875-8500
info@frankfort.ky.gov