Park Permits, Forms & Special Use Authorization

Below is information, instructions and links concerning reservations, rentals, special use permit requests and long term agreement request forms for groups, organizations, or individuals requesting reservations or special use of park facilities, grounds, or other areas. These DO NOT apply to shelter/pavilion rentals, Juniper Hill Aquatic Center and Golf Course rentals. The following forms and permits can be found below.  

  • Athletic Court Reservation Request Form (Tennis, Pickleball, Basketball, Volleyball, etc.)
  • Athletic Field Reservation Request Form (Baseball, Softball, Football)
  • Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) Request Form
  • Parks Special Use Permit Request Form
  • Special Event Permit (City Wide) 

Athletic Court Reservation Request Form (Tennis, Pickleball, Basketball, Sand Volleyball)

To request special usage and/or rental of tennis courts, pickleball courts, basketball courts, sand volleyball courts or other athletic play courts for special use, special events, tournaments, etc. Short term use only. Form available here

Athletic Field Reservation Request Form (Baseball, Softball, Football)

To request rental of baseball, softball or football fields for special use, special events, tournaments, etc. Meant to be for short term use only (i.e. 2-3 weekends a year, one time event, etc.). Form available here

Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) - Contract Request Form

To request a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) for use of park facilities or areas for long term use.  Could be local organizations, individuals, community groups, businesses, 501(c)3 non-profits, government agencies, and others who wish to use park facilities or grounds for their group, business or organization.  An MOA is negotiated between the city and the requesting organization or individual and can vary depending on the details of the requests.  MOA requests are reviewed and must be approved by the Parks Advisory Board.  Once the parks board approves, the MOA terms and conditions are drafted, negotiated and reviewed by the City Attorney and the City Manager.  If approved, it is then placed on the Board of City Commissioners agenda for final review and approval.   The process can take 3-6 months, possibly longer depending on the scope and complexity of the MOA request. It is highly recommended that MOA requests be filed well in advance. Form available here

Special Use Permit Request Form (Parks - Non Athletics)

Used to request special use authorization for park facilities and areas that are not normally rented through our rental process such as picnic shelters, the aquatic center, athletic fields or courts, and the golf course.  Special Use authorization can be granted for organized private or public events, activities, functions, etc., terms and conditions apply.  For example, special use permits would be for parking lots, open park areas, etc. for functions such as weddings, car shows, health fairs, runs/races, benefit events, etc. Form available here.

Special Event Permit (City Wide)

Any special event or activity that is requested on park property or any other city owned property that meets the following criteria requires a city wide special event permit. 

  • Event includes areas, facilities, streets, etc. beyond park boundaries. 
  •  Requires city or state operated streets outside of park property to be closed or disrupted in any way. 
  • City labor outside of the parks department is required and dedicated specifically to the event (Public Works, Police, Fire, EMS, Sanitation, etc.  
  • Any other factor at the discretion of the Deputy Parks Director and/or Parks Director. 

Special Event Permits (City Wide) can be requested by contacting City Hall at 502-875-8500 or email or