- Parks & Recreation
- Parks & Facilities
- Capitol View Park
Capitol View Park
100 Capitol View Park Road
Frankfort, KY 40601 (MAP IT HERE)
MULTIPLE OUTDOOR SPORTS & TOURNAMENTS / HIKING / MOUNTAIN BIKING
PICNICING / WILDLIFE VIEWING
Sports and nature lovers will enjoy this 150 acre park with a scenic view of the capitol building of Kentucky and the Kentucky River. It is located off the East-West Connector at Glenn’s Creek Road. The park is home to multiple local sports teams with several outdoor athletic fields and courts for baseball, softball, basketball, soccer and football. The park is also a mecca for hiking and mountain biking, as there are over 12 miles of hiking and mountain bike trails through out the park.
Facilities and Amenities
- Legends & Williams Fields - Lighted Baseball / Softball Fields
- Pewitt & Sullivan Fields - Lighted Baseball / Softball Fields
- Figg Field - Lighted High School Baseball Field
- Fannin Field - High School Softball Field (no lights)
- Harrod Youth Football Field (no lights)
- Sower Soccer Complex - Lighted Soccer Fields, Sower 1 and Sower 2
- High School Soccer Field (No lights)
- 2 Outdoor Basketball Courts
- Nature Hiking Trails (approx. 12 miles)
- Mountain Bike Trails (approx. 12 miles)
- Picnic Areas
KY Mountain Bike Association, Bluegrass Chapter
The mountain bike and hiking trails are sponsored and maintained by volunteers from the Kentucky Mountain Bike Association (KYMBA). See their website for many other trail systems in the central Kentucky area and for additional information on Capitol View Park trails.
See Interactive Map of the trail system.
Check Current Trail Conditions
See Link: Current Trail Conditions and Closures
Information & Contact:
For more information please contact us at 502-875-8575 or email us.
Register for Sport Leagues
Create an account here to register for Frankfort Parks youth or adult sports leagues,