Message from the City Planning Director:
The Planning & Community Development Department has been forced by the current conditions and closure of City Hall to change our current operations for a period of time. The following are changes we would like our citizens and development community to be aware of:
- Rental Inspections have been suspended at this time.
- Our Neighborhood Inspection staff is not operating out of the office at this time. Any nuisance code or property maintenance related complaints may be sent to staff via email (email@example.com) or phone at our central office number (502-352-2094) as usual but please be aware that our field staff is not operating normally so while we can still take and log complaints the complaints will likely be delayed in getting response from Neighborhood Inspection Staff unless they are deemed by the Director to be of a particular time sensitive nature in regard to the public health, safety and welfare of the public or an imminent danger.
- The City’s Building Inspector is not operating out of the office at this time. Any Building Inspection requests for current projects may be sent to staff via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone at our central office number (502-352-2094) as usual but please be aware that the building inspector is not operating normally. While the last thing our office wants to do is hamper the progress of all of the positive investment that Frankfort homeowners and developers are making in their homes and commercial structures we also have an obligation to try to keep social distancing and protect both our building inspection staff and the general public. During this time there will likely be a delayed response for some building projects. The Building Inspector and the Director will review inspection requests and respond as we deem appropriate.
- Planning Staff is still available to respond to inquiries by phone and via email at email@example.com or at our central office number (502) 352-2094 or (502) 682-1233.
- New Permit requests may be submitted via email (you must attach all required drawings & plans) at firstname.lastname@example.org or hard copies by mail sent to the City’s address 315 West Second Street. Please be aware that new building permit requests will be somewhat delayed in getting processed as the building inspector will have limited availability to receive and review new plans but we will continue to process any new complete application submittals as quickly as we can. Please consult our website to access the various permit applications or contact planning staff as referenced above with permitting questions.
We apologize in advance for any disruption or delay in service this may cause and we thank you in advance for your patience in working with us during this difficult time. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have.
-Eric Cockley, Director
Planning & Community Development